Robi gets highest customers thru MNP service - Share market analysis of dhaka stock exchange, Bangladesh
Black
White

Send This Page To Friends and Colleagues

You can Enter more than one email separated by (,)
Allowed 100 characters only
09 December, 2018 09:54 AM Source: New Age
58355_371.jpg

The second largest mobile phone operator in Bangladesh, Robi Axiata Limited, won over the highest 48,067 subscribers from three other mobile phone operators in the first two months of mobile number portability service launch.
The leading mobile phone operator Grameenphone faced highest number of customer departure from the operator to other operators during October and November.
The government on October 1 introduced the much-awaited MNP service with a view to facilitating customers changing their operators without changing their existing mobile numbers.
The number of customers received by Robi through MNP service was 62 per cent of total 77,085 customers who switched network.
Robi received 25,997 customers in October and 22,070 customers in November.
Receiving the highest number of customers during the first two months of MNP service launch was a reflection of Robi’s extensive campaign regarding the MNP service, BTRC officials said.
Other operators, including the leading mobile phone operator GP, however, was reluctant to carry out campaign regarding the MNP service thus resulting in lower number of customer acquisition by them through the scope, they said.
The third largest mobile phone operator, Banglalink, received the second highest 10,263 customers or 24.40 per cent of the total successful porting completed by during the period including 10,263 in October and 8,259 in November.
GP received 9,371 customers through MNP, representing 12.11 per cent out of the total 77,085 customers who successfully ported to other operator under the service.
State-owned Teletalk received 1,156 customers or 1.49 per cent of total successful porting including 554 customers in October and 601 customers in November.
As per the data of the MNP operator Infozillion Teletech, a total of 1,35,159 customers requested for taking the service and of them 57 per cent or 77,085 customers were successfully ported and the rest 43 per cent or 58,078 were rejected by the mobile phone operators for different reasons.
Porting requests made by the mobile phone subscribers were rejected due to complexity regarding mobile wallet service, non-matching of NID number and bill dues, among others.
On the other hand, leading mobile phone operator GP witnessed the highest number of customer departure from the operator.
Of the total porting, 35,597 customers of GP or 46.17 per cent of total customers who took the MNP service opted out to other operators.
Banglalink faced the second highest number of customer departure from the operator as 22,957 customers of the operator opted out to other operators.
Among the private mobile phone operators, Robi faced the least number of customer departure. A total of 17,178 customers of Robi left the operator during October and November.
Teletalk faced the lowest number of customer departure as only 1,353 customers of the operator went to other operators.

 

Add Comment | 0   comment

Readers Comment

Nothing found to display
page number 1

Add Comment

Please login first to comment Click here to login
Advanced Charts
Market Map
Real-Time Market Watch
Order Book Data
Stock Screener
LankaBangla Client Login
CSE iTrading
Trading Game
DSE iTrading

Stocks in Focus


Features for Registered Users

E-mail Alerts
Daily Newsletter
Your Watchlist
Advanced Tools
and
Many more

Will automatically display the last quotes you have visited here.

All Rights Reserved - DUInvest © 2013

Login

Do You have an Account ? , Click here to create a new account

Your Opinion Matters

What do you think about the new Website?